Last chance to enter (in person) on Friday, June 6 from 4:30 - 6:30 pm!
No race day entries accepted!
Saturday, June 7, 2014
All proceeds from the Pawling Triathlon go to the Pawling Teen Center, a Free program offering a safe, supervised environment in which youth may develop life skills and knowledge, while performing community service and enjoying healthy social interaction.
No refunds, credits, substitution or transfer of entry fee!
ENTRY FEE: $80 before March 1, $90 March 2 - May 1, $100 May 2 - June 6
No race day entries!
IMPORTANT: Race packets will not be issued without your knowing your race bib number and having photo ID!
You will receive an email with you race bib number approximately 3-4 days before the event. At check-in you must know your bib number before getting in to the line that corresponds to your number. If you do not know your number, you may look it up on an alphabetical list posted near the registration tables before getting in your respective line.
FIELD: Limited to 700 competitors (no teams).
AWARDS: 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall male/female and in age groups; 15-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+ (female) 60-64, 65-69, 70+ (male)
The following rules and regulations are designed for your personal safety and enjoyment. Failure to comply with these rules will result in penalties and/or disqualification.
· Race management has authority to change race course and format, check-in and start times.
· No entrants under 15 years of age.
· It is the contestant's responsibility to be familiar with and follow the race course.
· It is prohibited to sell your race number or for someone to compete in your place.
· Contestants must follow the directions of race officials. Race officials have ultimate and final authority to remove contestants who violate race rules.
· Friends, family or assistants may not bike or run alongside a contestant and should be warned to stay clear of contestants.
· Contestants are not allowed to wear headphones, earphones or any other sound device that impairs normal hearing during the entire event!
Notice: No dogs, on or off leash, allowed in Lakeside Park on the day of the event!
IMPORTANT: NO RACE PACKETS WILL BE ISSUED WITHOUT PROPER PHOTO ID!
You must know your race number before getting in line for race packet pick up. If you don't know your number please check the alphabetical listing adjacent to the registration tent for your race/bib number .
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
PRE-RACE DAY - Friday, Lakeside Park, Pawling
4:30 - 6:30 pm. - Early check-in, avoid waiting on line next morning. Preview entire course.
RACE DAY - Saturday, Lakeside Park, Pawling
7:00 - 8:30 a.m. - Check-in. NO Numbers issued or race packets saved after 8:45!
8:45 a.m. - Course orientation, final race instructions
9:00 a.m. - Race Start (rain or shine).
11:00 a.m. - Course closes, Raffle, Awards presentation.
Electronic Timing Guidelines:
You must pick up your timing chip on the morning of the event. The chip must be secured to your ankle at all times by means of the Velcro strap provided.
You must return the timing chip immediately after crossing the finish line, prior to exiting the finish line chute.
Only competitors wearing the chip attached to their ankle will have split times and final times recorded.
If you compete but do not finish the race, PLEASE return your chip to the timing officials at the finish line.
TRANSITION AREA: All competitors must be out of the transition area BEFORE the start of the first wave of swimmers!
Please request family members and friends not to accompany you in the transition area. Bicycles must be placed on assigned bike racks. Bikes placed on wrong racks will be removed from the race.
NO cycling in or out of the transition area.
SWIM : The swim will be in waves of 100 competitors, at 3 minute intervals. The waves are based on your assigned race number.;
wave 1 = 1-100
wave 2 = 101-200 (3 minute delay)
wave 3 = 201-300 (6 minute delay)
wave 4 = 301-400 (9 minute delay)
wave 5 = 401-500 (12 minute delay)
wave 6 = 501-600 (15 minute delay)
wave 7 = 601-700 (18 minute delay).
- Competitors must wear the official swim cap provided at check-in.
- Competitors will have their left shoulder and left calf marked with their bib number.
- You must notify a race official IMMEDIATELY and turn in your timing chip if you do not complete the swim.
- Wet suits are allowed.
BIKE: The bike course of 11.5 miles is out and back on the same roads. Make a sharp left turn on to W. Dover Road after leaving park. Continue on W. Dover road for 5.5 miles until Hoags Corner Road. SLOW down and make a U-turn around the traffic cones and head back the same way to the park. SLOW Down and make a SHARP right hand turn when returning to Park and stay to the Extreme RIGHT (to avoid bikes just leaving park).
- While biking, you must stay to the Right of the road at all times so as to allow free flow of traffic (cars and bicycles).
- It is your responsibility to know and stay on the course at all times.
- Each contestant is individually responsible for repair and maintenance of their bike.
· Contestants must follow instructions of race officials and public authorities and must obey all traffic laws.
DRAFTING RULES: You must maintain a distance of three bike lengths from the bike in front of you! You may not be closer than this distance for any period exceeding 15 seconds. If you are, you will be assessed a TWO minute penalty for each violation. Riding alongside another biker will also result in a 2 minute penalty.
Pack Riding/Drafting is a Serious Violation of the Rules of the Pawling Triathlon! You can file an official complaint regarding "drafters" by noting their race number(s)! A competitor who has three "drafting reports" filed against him/her will automatically receive a two minute penalty for each infraction.
HELMETS: A bicycling helmet must be positively secured with chin strap before leaving the transition area and it must remain buckled/secured until you dismount your bike. Riding without a helmet will result in immediate disqualification! Helmets must be ANSI, USCF or SNELL approved.
RUN: The run course of 3 miles is one loop around the Village of Pawling. The roads throughout the run and bike course will be OPEN to the normal flow of traffic. You must obey traffic rules at ALL times! While on the run course you MUST run WITH the direction of traffic and stay on the RIGHT shoulder of the road at ALL times! You will be penalized 4 minutes if you interfere with the normal flow of traffic.
You must wear the run number on your front, and be clearly visible to race officials at ALL times. Folding of race numbers is prohibited.
POST-RACE: Award winners must be present at the post-race awards ceremony to claim their prize.
Refreshments are for competitors ONLY and are not provided for friends and family members.
RESULTS: Results will be posted on the New York Triathlon web site www.NYTRI.org
HOW TO GET THERE:
Take I-684 north till it ends (Brewster) and then follow signs to Route 22 north/Pawling for 13 miles. Make left at traffic light and continue to Stop sign. turn left, cross railroad tracks. Immediately turn right on Charles Coleman Blvd and go one mile to entrance of lakeside Park on the left.
From NY City/West Side: Take West side highway north to Henry Hudson Parkway to Saw Mill River Parkway to I-684 (see above).
From NY City/East Side: Take FDR Drive to Harlem river Drive to Major Deegan Expressway (I-87). Continue north on I-87 to I-287 (Cross Westchester Expressway). Exit I-287 on to I-684 north (see above).
From Queens/Long Island: Take the Whitestone Bridge to the Hutchinson River Parkway to I-684 (see above).
From Northern New Jersey: Take Garden State Parkway north to I-87. Continue east on I-87 across Tappen Zee Bridge. After crossing bridge, continue east on I-287 on the Cross Westchester Expressway to I-684 (see above).
From Hartford, CT.: Take I-84 west to exit 20 (I-584) to Route 22 north (see above).
From Albany: Take Taconic Parkway south to Route 55. Travel east on Route 55 to Route 22. Continue to Pawling (see above.).
ACCOMODATIONS: Pawling House B&B, www.pawlinghouse.com
RACE VIOLATIONS & PENALTIES
2 Minute Penalties
- Riding bicycle anywhere within transition area.
- Bicycle not on assigned bike rack or racked incorrectly.
- Each drafting or "pack riding" violation.
- Accepting outside assistance or being paced by non-competitor.
- Race # not visible at any point during the bike or run.
- Unsecured helmet chin strap leaving/entering transition area.
- Biking not to the EXTREME RIGHT of the roadway.
- Biking along side another competitor.
- Riding without an approved biking helmet.
- Wearing headphones during any portion of race.
- Verbal abuse of an official, staff and/or volunteer..
- Unsportmanslike conduct of any form as determined by a race official or staff.
HAVE A SAFE AND FUN RACE!